– Never use a chiminea in an enclosed area.
– Seal the inside and outside surfaces of your new chiminea with a clear sealer available from your l0cal hardware store.
– Inside your chiminea, fill the bottom with play sand or pea gravel up to 1.5″ from the bottom lip around the opening or “mouth”.
– When lit avoid excessive flame (not larger than 7″).
– Fire starters are ideal for easy start up. Never use gasoline or other volatile accelerant in your chiminea.
– Chimineas are intended for wood burning only.
– Start with a small fire the first few times you use your chiminea to allow the clay to become accustomed to the heat.
-Never place the chiminea on a wooded floor. Always use the metal stand.
– Do not extinguish flames with water. Doing so will cause cracking and severe damage to your chiminea.
– Do not allow the chiminea to freeze when damp or wet. Freezing will result in cracking due to the porosity of the natural clay material.
– Always remove the chiminea cap before use and replace the cap after the fire has been extinguished.
WARNING: Supervise children around the chiminea at all times.
WARNING: Chimineas are extremely hot and may cause burning. Do not touch the clay surface when in use.
WARNING: Before use, check to make sure your chiminea is properly seated and stable on its stand to avoid the risk of tipping while in use.